Woodburn Laboratory, as an ABSL-2 full-service vivarium and preclinical CRO, takes care of you, your research, and your research animals. Our facilities feature shared procedure rooms including a surgery room, cognitive and behavioral testing equipment, and separate husbandry suites for rats and mice, as well as a fully equipped cell and molecular biology laboratory offsite.
We allow scientists to focus on their science rather than HVAC, husbandry cycles, and staffing. (We take care of those for you!)
Veterinary oversight is available for all activities at Woodburn Laboratory. In addition to our experienced animal care staff, we also provide in-house IACUC services and a state-of-the-art caging system by Innovive.
Your Partner in Discovery
Features and Services
- Convenient core-hour access to animal holding and procedure rooms
- Weekend access available (subject to approval process)
- After-hours access to facility with prior approval and supervision by staff
- Efficient data capture and delivery
- Animal enrichment for the health of your animal model
- Shared computer station with Wi-Fi for convenient data entry
- Vivarium orientation and training on safety and animal care and use
- In-house Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Vivarium health monitoring surveillance
- Rigorous daily scheduled sanitation and contaminant testing
- Husbandry rooms (separate suites for rats and mice)
- Surgery room
- Procedure room
- Cognitive and behavioral testing area
- Biosafety Cabinet
- Innovive disposable caging system
- Animal transfer station
- Isoflurane and oxygen machine
- Lighting for GFP detection
- Rocking Incubator
- Animal scales
- Sterilizer/Cage washer
- Heat lamps
- Overhead video recording
We can coordinate access to additional equipment if needed.
Explore the menu below to learn about our main areas of expertise. Don’t see what you need? Click on “Custom Services” or contact us today to inquire about what else is possible.
Explore the menu below to learn about our main areas of expertise. Don’t see what you need? Reach out to us today.
Advance your science with us.
Woodburn Laboratory is ready to take on your preclinical study today. Contact us to discuss the many ways we can move your research forward.