Our in-house Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) rapidly processes protocol submissions. Because our committee can meet on demand, there is no long wait for changes to be reviewed. We can approve amendments in 1-2 days, and protocols can be approved in as little as a week.
Our unique protocol submission process starts with a pre-review with one of our veterinarians. After pre-review, your protocol will be submitted to the full Committee for review. Once approved, we can order in your animals (if needed), and you can be in the facility moving forward with your research by the next week. Let our experienced team help you get started!
Your Partner in Discovery
IACUC Submission Process
- Pre-review of your protocol for development with an industry-leading expert veterinarian.
- Full Committee is notified every time a new protocol is submitted and meets if needed.
- Protocol is reviewed by full committee or by designated members for approval.
- Necessary changes are made to the protocol in order to secure approval.
- Any and all questions or concerns are addressed by our members and your team.
- Protocol is approved!
- You get on with your research.
- The IACUC oversight team will evaluate all protocols and procedures submitted to the committee:
- To ensure that OLAW regulations are followed
- To ensure that there are no biosafety concerns for you, for our staff, or for the animals
- To ensure the safety and well-being of the animal model under all experimental conditions, preventing undue stress or pain to the animal whenever possible, as regulated by OLAW
- To ensure that protocols are followed by all persons involved (our staff and your staff)
- The IACUC oversight team and Attending Veterinarian will inspect the facility and provide bi-annual reviews to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
Explore the menu below to learn about our main areas of expertise. Don’t see what you need? Click on “Custom Services” or contact us today to inquire about what else is possible.
Advance your science with us.
Woodburn Laboratory is ready to take on your preclinical study today. Contact us to discuss the many ways we can move your research forward.